Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Swear It's True

Field of Dreams [Blu-ray]
The Washington All-Star boys of summer made their way to San Bernardino today to compete in the Western Regional Baseball Tournament.  One of those boys happens to carry my DNA.

He called tonight to say they'd arrived safely.  Then he asked, "Mom, is this heaven?"  And I replied, "No, it's Iowa."

Kidding.

He actually said, "Mom, this field we're gonna play on is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. . .
besides you."

I swear it's true.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gawsh! That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard a teenage boy say! I just had a boy. I hope he's that sweet when he's all growed up!

    Thanks for sharing. This story will make me happy all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it, your kids are amazing. Just found your blog, loving it! . . . and totally missing you guys as neighbors.

    ReplyDelete