Thursday, September 9, 2010

Aha!

Aha! Moments: When Intellect & Intuition Collide
I figured it out.  It hit me yesterday.  When my father died, I quit journaling.  I didn't want to write it down, or express my thoughts about it.  Too difficult.  Time slipped away and it was years before I started jounaling, now known as blogging, again.

So every day for the last week I've logged into my blog, but refused to write.  Then the Aha! moment hit me.  My first born has left home and I really don't want to talk about it.  Too difficult.  I realize a bird has left the nest and others will soon follow.  I realize I'm getting older.  I realize bigger moments like missions and weddings are literally right around the corner, and I just don't want to talk about it.

So I won't.     

2 comments:

  1. Keep your silence and mend your heart. I completely understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But when you are ready to share...I'm listening. Every mom needs a friend with kids older than her own, so she can brace herself for what's ahead, learn from mistakes, and strategize for how she'll handle it when it's her turn. You are my mentor. So when you're ready...I am listening. And when it's my turn to say goodbye to my little birds, I'll be expecting words of wisdom and some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete