Monday, November 30, 2009

Addiction

Hi. My name is Suzanne. (Now you all say, "Hi, Suzanne"). I'm addicted to Afrin. I've been using now for 10 days. It all started with a severe sinus infection that turned into mild bronchitis which in turn caused a humongo cold sore on my top lip. Thus, Afrin has become my drug of choice. I guess I just have a thing for breathing at night while I'm sleeping. Breathing, that is, with my mouth closed. Once, while suffering from a cold, I actually tried sleeping with a straw in my mouth just so I could sleep with my mouth shut. It didn't work so of course I had to resort to my old pal Afrin.

Don't worry about me though. I'm on antibiotics and as soon as my sinuses are clear again - I'll start the detox process. Detox means only using in one nostril and alternating nostrils until I can breath on my own again.

In the meantime, if you feel the need, you are welcome to send chocolate to comfort me until I am done negotiating my addiction.

1 comment:

  1. When will you learn!?! I've been clean for about six years now. I too have the Afrin disease--it grabs hold and then my nose won't let me breathe until I snort up again. But you must stop. The cycle repeats itself every time. (Love the straw visual!)

    ReplyDelete