Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful

Today I am thankful. We had a great report from the Dr. at Primary Children's Hospital. My boy looks good! So he keeps wearing the brace and we come back in six months. We'll keep this routine going for the next six years, hopefully with the same great results.

I'm thankful too for health. While at the hospital we saw lots of kids. Kids in wheelchairs. Kids with scars and sutures from surgery. Kids with birth defects. Kids with trouble greater than that of my boy. I pray for them.

I'm thankful too for family. While we were in town my mom and I spent time together and my wish was her command. She came with us to the doctor just in case we had another "fall off my chair" moment. Thank heavens we didn't! We did some Christmas shopping and ran necessary errands together. She is our angel and I'm so blessed to call her mother.

I'm thankful too for the love and support of family. Friday night, after a long day spent at doctor offices I was lucky enough to have my sister-in-law (who is a masseuse, and a nurse and a mother of eight) give me a full body massage. It was awesome. And after, she fed me homemade wheat bread with honey collected from their very own beehive in their backyard. To die for I tell ya. I'm thankful too for good food.

I'm thankful too to be home today with my handsome husband. Thankful the football season is over and we can now enjoy the holidays together. Holidays that are meant to remind us to be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go J!!! That's awesome!! Make one of those Christmas chains, one loop for every six months. Then cut the first one off today. That's great. I've been wondering about you guys.

    ReplyDelete