Sunday, June 27, 2010

Absence of Schedules

So lately just living my life requires negotiation.  I haven't spent a solid day in my house since we moved in June 1st and summer began.  We've been living our life out of suitcases, mostly due to baseball related travel.  I was starting to get a little irritated, thinking I haven't even had my swimsuit on yet and it's going to be the 4th of July next week.  In fact, I'm still not completely un-boxed and don't even know if I could find my swimsuit if I tried. 

Then it hit me, summer is the absence of schedules.  I'm gonna stop looking for the lazy days of summer and start enjoying the fact that we run like the wind all day and fall into bed at night when PM is turning into AM.  I should be glad that I haven't had a regular trip to WalMart for groceries since June 5th.  Soon enough I'll be buying chips and drinks for school lunches and once again we'll be living our scheduled life like clockwork. 

I'll enjoy my days spent soaking up sun at the ballpark and eating snack shack hot dogs for lunch.  Bring on the days scheduled according to game time - not work time.  And here's to you Mr. Portable Toilet Cleaner Outer  - since summer is the absence of regularity - we appreciate your service - even though we throw back ice-cold ROOT-beer with our dogs.

1 comment:

  1. This was a good thing for me to read the day before our family of 7 begins three weeks of travel on three different itineraries through at least five states. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete