Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sidetracked

Train Parking Only All Others Will Be Side Tracked
My family had a laugh last night at my expense.  It seems I had gone to get a band-aid for my husband's blistered feet (football camp) and never came back.  On my way to the cupboard for band-aids, I stopped to put in a load of laundry, then wipe down the kitchen counters and soon his poor feet were the last thing on my mind.  He accused me of having a Homer Simpson moment - like the time Homer knew the guy his sister-in-law was about to marry was a fake but instead of objecting, this is what happened. 

In fact, it's funny because as I put the laundry in (instead of getting band-aids mind you) I remembered that my son had asked me for a book earlier.  Two days earlier. But I got sidetracked.  You might wonder why my husband didn't get his own band-aid, and my son his own book.  Afraid the blame lies with me.  You see we've recently moved and as I'm unpacking I'm easily, well, shall we say, sidetracked.  So the band-aids and books and other things are in random locations that only I know.

So the order of the day will be organization!  I'll put everything in the place it should go, right after I check my email, pay some bills, fold some laundry, do the dishes. . .

5 comments:

  1. This is so funny! I do the same thing. . . the other day, for me it was an allergy pill I forgot to get Miles, because someone called, and then I was just going to pick up the laundry and run it downstairs really quick, and then. . . glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels good to know I'm not the only one. I got sidetracked just reading your post by the link to the Simpsons. AHHH is there no hope!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suze,
    I didn't just move, and I do that every day. Glad to know I"m not alone.

    Glad to see you at church today even though I didn't get to say hello!

    ReplyDelete