Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Free Candy

So there we were, the Detroit airport, making our way from one gate to the next for our connecting flight home.  I was in "hurry up" mode and had gotten quite a ways ahead of my husband and son.  Because of the distance I'd gained I could not hear my husband calling my name.  After several attempts of trying to alert me that I was losing them, he hollered "FREE CANDY" and stopped me dead in my tracks. 

My first thought was, "I hope it's chocolate" as I turned to see who was giving out free candy.  Then came the realization that there was no free candy as I saw my husband and son laughing at knowing me all too well.  I moved to the "stand" side of the moving walkway and waited for them to catch up.  We made our way to the gate and because we made it in plenty of time I rewarded myself with a Mrs. Fields cookie, or three, I forget.   

4 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That is so funny. I recently lost my 3 year old while stopping for a pretzel in Dallas. She kept right on walking and was gone for 30 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! That's a good way to get my attention too :)
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete