Thursday, July 8, 2010

Finally

Summer FINALLY arrived at my house last Wednesday.  It came with a 7 AM morning temperature of 74 degrees - but because summer had arrived I didn't meet it until I woke up at 9 AM at which time the temperature had risen to 79.

Summer's arrival was official because the day was wide open.  No plans, appointments or ballgames.  A leisurely morning turned into an hour of toastiness pool side.  Lunch in town, an Orchard Salad, followed by downtown window shopping.

My favorite part of the day was dinner.  Pandora boasted Michael Buble and the likes (Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Norah Jones) while we cooked and danced around the table.  Chicken Supreme was our main dish with crusty french bread and fresh peaches.

After dinner we made a quick run to the nearest gas station for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and licorice to snack on while watching America's Got Talent.   And when the sun had FINALLY gone down, we sat on the back porch and star gazed into the beauty of a sky untouched by city lights. 

Welcome summer.  Feel free to stay a while.   

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful description of summer!

    Your words make me feel good about life in Florida where I sometimes dont give summer the welcome it deserves. Today, when I ride my tractor, I am going to think "toasty" instead of "hot".

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzanne I just found your blog, such a fun read! Just wanted to say hi and happy Birthday! Glad Steve caught the skin cancer, I too am trying to not live in the sun anymore, i am a white girl this summer, but i have to remember what Doug went threw and probably will go threw again(Dr. said he will probably be a repeat customer...great!)

    ReplyDelete