Sunday, July 11, 2010

Venus

Our move brought us to a home that is nestled against a hill.  The bonus of this is that there are no homes behind us - only hill and sky.  The sky makes for enlightening entertainment on summer nights, especially since my son recently acquired the Star Gazer App on his phone, making it possible for us to identify stars and constellations.

The star that is most easily identified each night is Venus.  It's always there - always bright - no matter the weather, no matter the night.  (Hey - that rhymed!).  So as we sat gazing last night I offered a bit of motherly advice to my children.  I advised them to be like Venus, which is to say: reliable, radiating light.  And seeing as advice is defined as "a recommendation offered as a guide to action," it's my hope that seeing Venus in the sky will always be a call to action - a call to love.  Venus is, after all, named after the Goddess of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment