Friday, December 18, 2009

Bamboozled

Recently while finding out what my weather "feels like" on weather.com I came across an ad for teeth whitening. My kids have been buggin me for teeth whitener, but it's so dang expensive. It looked like a screamin deal so I foolishly clicked around until I'd agreed to a "free" trial, only having to pay s and h (shipping and handling).

The whitener came, then kept coming. Each time it came, my bank account was deducted 80 big ones. The money gone like a fart in the wind (is Shawshank your favorite movie too?). I made frantic phone calls to "Dazzle Smile Premium White" explaining how I only wanted the "free" trial. They told me to return the product for a full refund.

Well I did return it. And when the money never got refunded, I made more frantic phone calls. Now, instead of telling me they need more time to process my return, they are actually telling me they are not going to refund my money. I know, rude!

Lucky for me my bank is going to dispute the debits from my account and if Dazzle Smile won't pay up, they'll credit my account. So here's a shout out to Central Bank for having my back even when I've played the fool. And may I offer some friendly advice? Teeth whitening is probably best negotiated by your dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment