Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem Decorative Art Poster Print by Kerama, 12x36

Seize the day.  That's my goal.  More often than not I'm just trying to get through the day.  If I can just get to tomorrow, the weekend, the end of the month.   But I don't want to live for tomorrow.  I want to live today.   Days keep turning into nights and nights into days and I'm left wondering if I just went through the motions.



Not today.  Today I will complement cashiers and fast food workers.  Today I will help a coworker.  Today I will make a meaningful connection with my husband and make time to communicate individually with my children.  Today I will smile and look for opportunities to laugh.

My mom gave me a picture for my home, I'll bet you have one like it.  It says "Live.  Laugh.  Love."  Today I plan to.  She also reminds me regularly that the present is a gift.  Today I plan to embrace the gift.  Today I will find joy in the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! Today is going to be one of "those" day because so much has to be done. I really needed to read this today and remember to enjoy what I have.

    ReplyDelete