Monday, April 19, 2010

Just Keep Swimming

Finding Nemo (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
The hamster wheel I'm on is going about 90 mph these days.  Here is a list of activities I was involved in last week:

Primary activity
Young Women camp hike
Soccer game
Basketball game
City service project
Senior Ball
WalMart grocery shopping

And that was on Saturday alone.  The other days of the week keep me running just as fast.  In fact, there were a few times last week when I felt like tears were imminent.  It was at those times that these words came to my mind:  just keep swimming.  If you haven't seen Finding Nemo, you can see what I'm talking about here

Funny how a quote from a Disney movie came as my inspiration.  But it did.  And I did it, I just kept swimming.  And you can too.  And if you do, relief will come.  Prayers will be answered.  Hard work will pay off.  You will be strengthened.  I promise.

2 comments:

  1. I am so right there with you. Raising families is hard work. My mantra comes from something my 1st born said at about 4yrs when he was trying to peddle his trike up the hill "press forward saints!" said he...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this one often, too. As soon as I saw your title, the sing-songy words started going through my mind. Gotta love the wisdom of Disney!

    ReplyDelete