Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rules To Live By

Lately I've been breaking all the rules, rules I've set for myself to live by.

One rule is bed by nine o'clock.  We're up at five, so early to bed is important.  Lately, little league is pushing back bed time.  I'm also tired of the bed time and feel like I ought to be able to stay up and see who gets voted off Celebrity Apprentice if I want to.  So there.

Another rule is nothing to drink after dinner.  Not talking alcohol here, just liquid in general.  My bladder won't tolerate it unless I want a three AM wake up call.  But I like to have a tall glass of milk with those cookies gosh dang it - so I'm drinking it down and paying the price. 

Next rule, exercise.  Haven't done it in weeks.  Don't feel like it.  Too tired for it (see first rule).  I'll get fit in the summer when I'm not driving kids back and forth to school, dance, basketball, baseball and soccer.

This rule is a biggie, limiting intake of soda.  I don't want to be addicted, really I don't.  But for some reason, Coca-Cola is an emotional comfort for me and if I feel like I want one, I'm having one. 

So now that I can see it on paper (well, the computer monitor) I can see that my self discipline is weak.  I must have caught a little senior-itis from my graduating senior.  Time to take a deep breath, determine to do better, and get it done.  Wish me luck, I'll need it.    

4 comments:

  1. These are the things we all struggle with on a daily basis! Exercise, sleep, drinking soda.

    Speaking for myself, it may take a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you need to change the rules. New Rule #1 - Get eight hours of sleep, most nights of the week. New Rule #2 - Only have small glasses of milk with cookies before bed. (Remember to go pee before going to sleep!) New Rule #3 - Don't put off exercise until summer but limit yourself to one nice walk each day, until school gets out. (Encourage family members to go with you or go at lunchtime. Don't work too hard but keep moving) New Rule #4 - If you had a crystal ball and you knew that soda would kill you, you would give it up. Since you probably don't, just try not too drink too much! There. Isn't that easier?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your sympathy and encouragement. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete