Monday, January 11, 2010

Camping Out

I hate camping. Something about smelling like smoke, lack of refrigeration, being cold and eaten by bugs just rubs me the wrong way. My family agrees with me. Our idea of camping out involves white fluffy robes, swimming pools and room service. So I was a little shocked when my husband suggested we have a camp out last weekend. Then he clarified we'd be camping out "Clark" style and I agreed.

Here's how it went. . .

Tinfoil dinners cooked in the oven. Bottles of ice cold cream soda. S'mores cooked in the microwave (though my boy preferred cooking his on a fork over a candle). Every mattress in the house moved to the family room where we all snuggled up, watched movies, told scary stories and slept together.

We had so much fun, we've decided to camp out again this weekend! Negotiating camping is a cinch.

1 comment:

  1. You like camping exactly as much as my husband does, lol! The first time he went camping with our son and his Cub Scout den, he texted me in the middle of the night saying that there was no way he was staying another day. I wrote back: "What's wrong? Not a 5-star tent?" You have to understand that this is a man who can't travel or stay anywhere unless everything is exactly to his stringent standards. Suffice it to say that I have never seen anything less than a suite on a cruise ship, the same in any hotel, and have never been on a group tour of any kind if he can avoid it (which he usually does, arranging for a private tour guide).

    I've never gone camping, but think I could handle it. However, the gods are amiling on Jeff, because not only does he have to continue camping with the Scouts (Boy Scouts, now) from time to time, but will also be spending a week up at Scout Camp this summer...in a tent, lol!

    BTW, microwaved s'mores are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete