Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Wish

So I'm working at the elementary school and one of my groups is a fourth grade reading group. We just finished reading a short story and now the kids have been challenged to write about it. They were instructed to write about a wish they'd like to make that would solve a problem in their life. To encourage them, their teacher and I (the trusty teacher's aide) agreed to also write about a wish. So here is mine. . .

I wish that my car was always full of gas and that I would never have to make any repairs on it. If my car was always full of gas, I could go wherever I wanted. Maybe I'd go to WalMart and back five times a day just because I could. Or maybe the family would jump in the car and we'd drive to South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore. Of course, because I'd never have to make repairs, we'd never get a flat, have to have oil changes, get new brakes or even wiper blades! Most importantly we wouldn't have to get new shocks.

Did I mention I have to get new shocks on my car? Shocking, isn't it? Well I do and it's just not what I wanted to spend $1,000 on the month after St. Nick came to town. Guess I won't be negotiating any off-road crusin in the minivan tomorrow. But the boys down at Big O are champs and told me I could do the front two and back two on separate occasions and break it up into $500 twice. Sometimes life just smiles on you that way.

2 comments:

  1. loved this one too! Esp when you made a pun with the word Shock. Puns are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Owen just asked, "Why are you laughing mom?" I can't wait until they go to bed tonight and I can read it all.

    ReplyDelete