Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fruits and Veggies


My husband was busy recruiting last weekend. If your husband is a football coach, he was busy recruiting last weekend too because it's that time of year. So we wives left husbandless because of a pigskin decided to get together and do some recruiting of our own. Recruiting delicious Mexican food to get in my belly!

As we were dining on rice and beans, and me turning down cans of Coke-a-Cola because I haven't had one for 10 days now thank-you-very-much, my dear friend told me about Bountiful Baskets. It seems she had just picked up a basket, that's right a laundry basket (not currently holding laundry of course) of fresh fruits and veggies from this co-op.

One can sign up with the co-op, pay around $15 for your purchase, and pick up a whole basket of super, great, healthy (organic is an option too) fruits and veggies. They even have bread as well as herbs and spices. Seeing as negotiating ways to eat healthier is on my to-do list these days, I'm definitely going to take advantage of this. In fact, I tried to do it this very week but alas, it filled up before I had the chance. Next week for sure.

If you live in Arizona, Utah, Idaho or Washington you're in luck. These are the states where the co-op is available. Check it out at www.bountifulbaskets.org.

2 comments:

  1. hey! i'm a bloggie who found my way over from c jane... i had to comment because i saw a couple of your posts about FOOTBALL!! my dad has been a football player or football coach my entire life! it's rare to find someone in this world who understands the schedule, the time away, the roller coaster ups and downs... anyway, our football connection has been such a blessing in our lives, and i'm very grateful for it, but there are definitely things about the life that others just don't quite understand... so i thought i'd say Whassup! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband isn't a football coach, but he is a rocket scientist and I like to make jokes about his profession. He travels a lot to Florida and Texas, but he's home a lot too doing whatever it is a rocket scientist does (it's all a big secret, in fact I don't even know where his office is.) I don't know why I felt the sudden need to tell you all that :)

    I LOVE bountiful baskets. I do the organic box and love it. Love. It. You are going to love it too.

    --Mari

    ReplyDelete