Thursday, January 21, 2010

Seven

Seven is the name of a movie I saw years ago with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. I thought it was very entertaining at the time, though very disturbing. Now that I'm older, and have turned into a prude, I negotiate my entertainment a little more wisely.

Seven is the number of times a day I get a hankerin for some soda.

Seven is the number of times I usually drive to town and back, seeing as we live on the outskirts of a small town.

Seven is the number of miles from our house to In-N-Out Burger.

Seven is the number of minutes it takes me to put on my son's brace.

Seven is the age of our black lab, Daisy.

Seven is the number of minutes it takes me to cook angel hair pasta.

Seven is the name of some fancy jeans that my darling sister-in-law just gifted me. Hand-me-downs are my favorite. I'd never spend over $100 on jeans, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that $100 is more likely to fall into my weekly grocery budget than my monthly clothing allowance (if I had such a thing). My sweet 16 daughter did not even notice the difference between me wearing Seven jeans and my Old Navy jeans this week.

Want to know how many dollars I spent on my Old Navy jeans that came from the clearance rack?

Seven.

8 comments:

  1. Hey there!
    I just popped over from CJ's blog since she linked to you today. I really liked the Seven post. Let me guess- the jeans came from my old friend Katie.

    Nice to see you have a blog I can stalk too. Take Care Suzy

    Kelly (W.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked your seven post! When that Seven movie first came out, my older brother called me and told me NEVER to see it. I told my friend at the time (not that it matters, but she's LDS) and she said one of her sons told her the same thing! It's been how many years? And, nope. I've never watched it. L in AK

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie said...

    I found 2 pairs of 7 jeans at a yard sale for $1 each, and they fit! It was a very exciting day. But then my sister insisted that she needed them more than I did, as I already had a husband. She's now dating a wonderful guy and I'm convinced the jeans had more to do with his initial interest in her than he's letting on. What a great post, very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like this blog! (I'm a CJane/Nie lurker and wandered over. I agree on the grocery money going IN my belly and not OVER in the form of denim...and best wishes on the soda...I'm having my second today--and I'm pregnant.
    My name is Abby and I wish I didn't drink soda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 7. The number of times my kids got out of bed last night until I promised them each a toilet to clean in the morning if I saw their little faces one more time. Funny...didn't see anyone again until 7 AM this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I came over from CJane (she linked to you today). I am in awe of everyone in her family I have met so far, and I love your writing style. I love 7 jeans, and have many pairs of them, and I gift my sister with a pair every time I see her which I think is the main reason she stays the same size as me :)

    And I got a wiifit plus for Christmas and I love it! I'm not an early morning woman, but I make myself get up and then I enjoy every minute of it.

    --Mari

    ReplyDelete