Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hawaiian Items

Top Quality Hibiscus Hawaiian Aloha Shirt, 2XL, RED
I recently had the pleasure of traveling to Hurricane.  It's pronounced Hur-i-kin.  Don't know why they pronounce it the way they do, probably has something to do with small town lingo, n stuff.  Hurricane has a population of less than 10,000 people and is only 31.5 square miles.  Anyhow, the trip from my front porch to Hurricane takes all of two minutes.  While on my way, I passed a Walgreens store.  There was a big banner hung across the front of the store.  It read:  WE NOW CARRY HAWAIIAN ITEMS. 

I'm curious.  Is there a large influx in Hawaiians migrating to Hurricane that I'm not aware of?  Are they demanding their local stores carry Hawaiian items?  If so, maybe they should have stayed in Hawaii where Hawaiian items are readily available.  If I lived in Hawaii I would stay there because I love the ocean, but Hawaiian items would probably be a bonus. 

And just what kind of Hawaiian items have they got?  Grass skirts?  Tikki necklaces like the one that brought bad luck to the Brady Bunch?  Chocolate covered macadamia nuts?  Hawaiian shirts?  Surf boards?  Leis?  Sugar cane? Or maybe I'm thinking too big for a small town and it's merely Hawaiian punch?

I'm determined to get to the bottom of this. . .stay tuned.  

3 comments:

  1. I could go for some chocolate covered macadamia nuts! I hope that is what they have in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they are selling some of those 100% Hawaiians... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. They carry food snacks and a few other cooking stuff which most of it is Japanese cooking ingredients. All of the walgreens around here are carrying them now. Maybe I should start asking them to bring Puertorican items right..lol. If you go to a Walgreens in Florida you will see that they carry Puertoricans items as well because of the Puertorican population that lives there. So maybe that is why they started to sell them.

    Let me know what you find out :)

    ReplyDelete