Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hold On

You may have noticed that I was tired yesterday.  I'm tired today too.  Not just physically tired, emotionally too.  I was also feeling a little self-pity yesterday.  Not enough sleep, not enough money in the bank, not enough hours in the day, not enough patience with my kids, not enough tread on the tires, yada - yada - yada.

But here's what happened. . .as the day went on I kept getting messages from heaven telling me to "buck up."  One message came from a Seagull Book catalog.  It said:  "Don't just weather the storm - learn to dance in the rain."  Another came from my Michael Buble CD I've been listening to in preparation for his concert I'm going to next week.  Track 7 - "Hold On."  Another came from the guy in stripes picking up trash along the freeway as I whizzed by.  He seemed to say, "You've got it pretty good, lady."

I sometimes have a hard time acknowledging the "haves" and ignoring the "have nots."  I may even have a hard time acknowledging I have so much, in a time when so many have so little.  What I do have for sure is love in my heart.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again. . .love can negotiate anything.  

3 comments:

  1. You get to go to a Michael Buble concert?! You are way lucky to have those tickets. When it comes to concert tickets I 'have not' any (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lucky girl indeed to have Michael Buble concert tickets. They were a Christmas gift from my sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was right were you are and then we took a week long trip to Austin to see my son perform at SXSW. I came home ready to tackle the world, well at least my aging mom again.

    I am envious of your Michael Buble concert.

    ReplyDelete