Friday, March 5, 2010

HELP!

Purple and White Soccer Outfit with Plush Ball. Fits 18" Dolls like American Girl®
We recently got a new American Girl doll catalog in the mail.  My daughter took to circling items she wanted as if it were the giant Toys R Us insert that comes with the Thanksgiving day newspaper.  When she brought it to my husband and I, my husband said, "No, no no.  And in case I didn't make myself clear, no."  I thought that was the end of it, but little did I know we had just set the wheels in her head to cranking.

She instantly sent an email to Grandma.  Subject line:  HELP!  She then proceeded to tell Grandma how she really wanted this darling soccer uniform.  Grandma that she is, she quickly put the money in an envelope and sent it priority mail.  Later on, when I phoned my mom to check in, she told me of the darling email she had received and how happy she was to help with a new soccer uniform.  I then asked, "Do you happen to know that this soccer uniform that she's dreaming of is for her American Girl doll?"

Well, needless to say, Grandma and I had a good laugh.  We also acknowledged the ability my children have to negotiate.

No comments:

Post a Comment