Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hearty Nachos

Occasionally I like to share a recipe that is fast and good. It just so happens that "fast and good" is my motto in life. I don't know about you, but cooking dinner is often difficult when you've got to pick up from baseball practice, drop off at basketball tryouts, and attend a half-time show to see your daughter dance. So here's what I do on those crazy days:

*Brown ground beef and drain.
*Stir in one envelope onion soup mix, one can black beans (rinsed and drained), one cup salsa.
*Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer five minutes.
*Instructions call for one cup cheddar cheese to be sprinkled on top, but I like to add my cheese (and lots of it) while it is simmering so the cheese melts in.
*Top with other items you might enjoy like olives, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, green onions, or cilantro.
*Serve with chips (and fruit to make it a balanced meal).
*Vegetarians might like to omit the beef and double the beans? Never tried it, just a suggestion.

1 comment:

  1. I just made a copy of your recipe for my recipe files. Sounds yummy! Another simple nachos recipe is 1 can of chili with 1 can of Campbells Condensed Nacho Soup. And then the toppings of course!

    ReplyDelete