Monday, February 15, 2010

A Long Weekend

So I guess we have the day off today to celebrate George Washington's birthday.  Only Washington's birthday was February 22nd and today is the 15th.  It seems someone in power deemed "President's Day" to be the 3rd Monday in February.  I think George was a great guy and I like holidays so it's all good with me.  In fact, my husband just read a great book about old George: To Try Men's Souls: A Novel of George Washington and the Fight for American Freedom.  Nonetheless, it's a long weekend and we've spent it at the ballpark watching the Red Dirt Boys (my boy's baseball team) dominate.  Today they're playing in the semi finals, and hopefully the final championship game.

We did have a moment Saturday night to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics.  I fell asleep watching the parade of athletes but my kids tell me it was entertaining.  When I think of the Olympics, I think of Jerry Seinfeld.  He really sums it up.  See if you don't agree by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment