Thursday, February 4, 2010

Robertos


Recently a quaint little taco shop opened up in our town. Roberto's. We love tacos as much as the next guy so we love to frequent Roberto's. And the bonus of eating at Roberto's is pellet ice. Nothing like a Coke over pellet ice, not that I've had one recently mind you, but I speak from experience when I say the soda was awesome! I believed it was Roberto who was serving me up my bean and cheese burrito, drink and churro, all for only $2.99.

Then suddenly I realized that there were Roberto's Taco Shops everywhere. The Weinerschnitzel on the Boulevard was turned into a Roberto's, which is a crying shame because I love a good mustard dog as much as I love tacos. Sonic was turned into a Roberto's, which could be a blessing so I am not tempted to indulge in soda flavored with syrup. Roberto's everywhere! In fact, there's probably a Roberto's near you and now I'm thinking that is not Roberto at all who greets me regularly.

And just the other day when I was driving by, I happened to notice a big banner on one of the local Roberto's which read: UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP, NOW FRESH FOOD DAILY. This gave me pause for consideration as to whether I'd like to continue to frequent Roberto's. My negotiations made me realize, food that is fast and cheap is probably not even worth $2.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment