Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tis The Season

Tis the season for cold and flu.  Here's something you might find helpful to negotiate the phlegm, NielMed sinus rinse.

NielMed is something we were introduced to when my oldest daughter had sinus surgery last June to correct a deviated septum and small sinuses which were constantly inflamed from the 35 items she's allergic to.  NielMed is much like a Neti Pot, only it's a squeeze bottle.  The bottle is filled with a saline solution mixed with water and if you're thinking you squeeze the bottle into your nose, thus rinsing it out, you're exactly right.

The first time I tried the rinse I felt much like I'd just been knocked over by a wave in the ocean - salty water up my nose and possibly coming out my ears.  Once you become familiar with the feeling, you'll love how your nose feels after it's rinsed.  Your nose will feel the same way your teeth do after you've come from the dentist, so clean and good.  

Last week I started getting a cold with some chest congestion.  I started using NielMed and it was gone in three days, I kid you not.  I'm not employed by NielMed, so there's nothin in it for me.  I'm just sharing what works for me in hopes it might work for you too.  I found you can watch an awesome video of how NielMed works at www.NielMed.com If nothing else, it's good for a laugh.

Oh, and I get my NielMed at WalMart, much like everything else in my life.  I'm sure there's a NielMed in fine stores near you!

3 comments:

  1. I use mine religiously during allergy season. It works great to calm everything down so I can breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using mine (recommended by my primary care physician) for almost a year- and I love it! I almost never get sick anymore because I use it as soon as I start feeling congested or "stopped-up." I recommend using it in the shower... keeps the ick factor to a minimum. So much better than using medication after the fact!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Never heard of NielMed but neti pot is recommended to me lots of times. I have had a ct scan and am looking at a procedure, either sinus surgery or balloon sinuplasty. I do think nasal irrigation is the way to go and will give it a shot in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete